Saturday, June 24, 2006

The SIV Clinic


Well, well, well. Honestly did not realize just how little energy I would have left after getting fried in 108 degree heat, while drinking at least a gallon and a bit of water, chasing that down with with a half a gallon of gatorade all the while paying attention to my own and other people's flights as Enlau's voice would be constantly in my ear - because it is just too much trouble to get the duct tape out of my ear that is holding the headset in - whilst it detouches in a particularly spectacularly scary flight. Not much. Hence, no daily blog entries. Hope to catch up however.

After a thirteen hours of driving that netted my buddy David and resulted in exchange of the convertible - we were finally touching down at the town of Coulterville. Coulterville is some two and a half hours away from San Francisco on the way to Yosemety. Anyhow, after just four hours of sleep we were up and ready to go. We met our little crew by the famous Boat House store - Enlau, Ann, Camrine O'Connors and Anna Kay, Jurgan and Jack. Nova joined us a day later.

First day promised to be relatively uneventful, with everyone just getting into the swing of things until my big crazy flight. Let's just say the leather gloves don't stand a chance against cevlar lines... and the strange scars around my wrist will be fun to explain for a while.

No comments: