Friday, February 09, 2007

Another excellent day!

Stats so far - Joka 3h45min triangulation flight (go and come back) of about 20 km, Steve nice thermalling flight in the earlier part of this slow starting day. Carol managed to squeeze out 2 flights doing about 5 km on the first and 10 km on the second flight - ALL on her own! No one pestering her on the radio (which probably helped!). I did better today too - did essentially twice the distance of yesterday, about 30km, 26km on a straight line from take off. Slow going though - good thing Marko was just slightly ahead of me making me slow down just enough to keep going for over 2 hours! Well, and as to Marko - he kept flying!!! We both came in within about 100 m off the ground, he was at most 10-20 meters above... and then, next thing I know - I am landing and he is scraping back up to the cloudbase! All in a ¨blue¨thermal - no cloud overhead to guide his path, always quite unnerving. I had one of those today too - you feel kinda naked with no puffy white thing overhead! Be back with pictures after dinner - we are heading to get some ¨mukeka¨ a very tasty soup concoction - great for after flying rehydration/resaltification of weary paraglider pilots! Oh, and I have to tell you about the Vertigo communication - but once again - gotta run!

Ok, so the update - Marko went nearly 60 km!!! Wow. I am so jealous. Oh, well, had to make up for that by going and eating lots of tasty soup while Marko was half dead asleep from exhaustion. Tomorrow is another day - let´s hope that I´ll stick to doubling my distance!

1 comment:

yeti said...

nice blog Sander!
sounds like you guys hit the sweet spot.

well NYC.....!!!! I am having a hard time scheduling in all the hot chicks that wana hang out with me. my empty arptment smells of smoking rubber every morning!
what can I say, austrians are made of good stuff.

have a blast! fly save! say hi to the gang!
08 i will be there too, breaking the 100ks