Tuesday, February 06, 2007

First day of flying - Valadares, Brazil trip.

So, today we are finally airborne. Not that this was the most spectacular flying any of us have ever done but given the simple fact that we are flying in our shorts... well, can´t beat that, can you? My last flight in New York a month ago the cold was so bad that each appendage required at least a mitten and a heating pack!

Marko and Carol flew. Marcus also joined us in the air. My flight was one of the longer ones today but only added up to 35 minutes - for those of you who know Valadares it is not a whole lot - and still - whole lot better than sitting on the ground!

And what good flying day could pass without some friendly local contact - after landing we got treated for some coffee and was followed up by some EXTRA fresh milk - i.e. still warm after milking. Marko passed on that but I simply HAD to indulge. Last time I tried that I was about ten years old in the Carpathian mountains in Russia, hanging out with my grandfather! Funny, what a vivid memory that was - I even remember going for a hike and trying to figure out bird calls with him...

The forecast for tomorrow is promising - so still hope to brag about the great distances not just time in the air. Having some computer problems, so hope to add more images to this post later...

No comments: